Applying for Help:

If you are a Jackson County resident needing emergency help, apply in person at the office at 191 Skyland Drive. Bring a photo ID and a utility bill or other bill showing proof of residence in Jackson County. A counselor will interview you and help find the best way we can offer assistance.

Food:example graphic

Our most frequent help request is for food. We keep food in stock for immediate needs.


Personal Items & Household Goods:

Some personal items are available, like diapers and toiletries. Kitchen utensils, blankets, and linens are available in limited quantities. We distribute used furniture and appliances as we receive them from donors. Due to high demand for furniture and appliances, we can only fill requests when items are available.

Financial Aid:

Limited financial assistance is available to pay utilities and some other expenses. Volunteers provide financial counseling as requested.

Winter Coats, Thanksgiving, & Christmas:

During the winter months, we distribute donated winter coats. For Thanksgiving, we offer turkey or ham to residents in need. For Christmas, we partner with our local schools to provide food bags for families to help ease the added food needs when school is out for Winter Break.


If we cannot meet all emergency needs, we can refer you to other agencies with which we have good working relationships.